We take responsibility for customs clearance: before shipping the parcel, our central customs clearance department will create the electronic export declaration for you.
We will support you in this process:
- You simply provide us with the required data and documents smoothly, quickly and securely via the GLS customs portal
- Step by step, the GLS Customs Portal guides you through the entry of customs data.
- Customs-compliant creation of the export declaration based on the details in the invoice and the checklist
- Application of a two-stage process. Exception: flight relations – here a single stage process is applied.
- No separate software required, therefore no additional costs for you as the customer
- Smooth, fast and secure entry of all required customs data and documents in the GLS Customs Portal
- Electronic processing for the customs authorities via ATLAS (Germany's automated tariff and local customs handling system)
- Quick, efficient processing thanks to automatic input of your data via interfaces directly into the customs system
- If you have the authorisation number, you will be issued with your export declaration immediately (no need for the 24-hour waiting period)
- Export certificate for VAT reimbursement will be provided to you with the bill
- Prompt, comprehensive documentation
Since July 2009, the customs authorities have required export declarations to be submitted electronically. This applies to the shipping of goods to non-EU countries and to countries that belong to EFTA (European Free Trade Association). The export declaration is made via ATLAS (Germany's automated tariff and local customs handling system).