With GLS SameDay you can offer your consignees same-day delivery. Provided your end customer orders their item before a designated cut-off time, with GLS SameDay, it will be delivered the same evening between 5.30 and 10 pm. This offer is currently available in 10 metropolitan areas in Germany1.
- Goods availability and delivery area checks are already conducted during the online ordering process
- If the consignee is not at home, GLS will make a second delivery attempt the next working day (except Saturdays). If there are any questions, the consignee can contact the special GLS telephone service until 11pm.
- High customer satisfaction due to delivery on the same evening of the order receipt
- Goods availability like in stationary shops
- Differentiation from competitors through premium service
- Profitable through high willingness to pay by consignee2
- Improved customer loyalty through enhanced service portfolio
1Hamburg, Hanover, Berlin, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Cologne/Bonn, Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Munich
2Source: ECC Köln: Same Day Delivery: application and added value from a retail perspective, Cologne, 2014; www.ecommerce-leitfaden.de